Position: Marketing & Communications Manager (India) [Associate/Manager Level]
Location: Bangalore, India (with flexibility for partial remote work)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: INR 5,00,000/- to 6,00,000/- per annum
Experience Level: 3-5 Years
Solve Education! Is looking for a creative and intrapreneurial Marketing & Communications Manager to accelerate our mission of helping millions of youth learn practical and marketable skills to improve their employability beyond formal education. Our flagship game, Dawn of Civilization (DoC), which is available for mobile phones and PCs, helps children and youth aged 13+ years learn valuable language, math and professional skills.
As we expand through large-scale partnerships in India (like Jio), we are seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to help scale our user acquisition efforts. The candidate will take the lead in identifying and developing acquisition channels, as well as have the capability to conceptualize, design and execute marketing campaigns independently. The role will require cross-functional and cross-cultural interaction with team members and partners situated globally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ad hoc communications and copywriting needs of our Partners as they market & distribute our app.
- Marketing campaign planning and execution with focus on scale and outreach
- Buzz generation – developing high impact one off activities that get people talking about our game and other products.
- Lead and participate in strategy and design discussions to create the most compelling campaigns for our clients/partners.
- When required, work with the creative staff of our partners or find creative volunteers to help with marketing efforts.
- Manage end to end process from ideation to execution to meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell stories on the web.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing (especially digital marketing) and communications (minimum 2 years of experience).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and cross-cultural communication.
- Comfortable with real-time social media monitoring, posting and management.
- Ability to manage time effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional and global team.
- Ability to write well, and quickly, and have a great sense of what is newsworthy.
- Have a demonstrated ability to identify the right channels and craft content that people want to share and engage with.
- Proven social presence on multiple platforms.
- A passion for uplifting disadvantaged youth through education and skill development.
- Deep empathy and cultural sensitivity.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with B2C user acquisition and marketing
- Demonstrated interest in technology, gamification, quality education and learning methodologies.
- Experience in working with Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) Communities, either professionally or in a volunteer capacity.
- Experience with education technology targeted at BoP Communities
- Design and content sensibilities to create and launch campaigns single-handedly.
- Excellent presentation skills and proficiency in drafting communication material in different formats – press releases, newsletters, web content, social media copies, etc.
Join us and let’s change the world together!