Position : Writer-in-Residence
Location : Bandung, Indonesia or Remotely
Salary : Rp.6.000.000,- or negotiable
- Exposure to collaboration and making a positive impact with a highly motivated team not just in Indonesia but also in our International network, including Singapore, Malaysia, India, the US, and Africa.
- Accommodation in Bandung (if needed)
- Meal allowance
- Internet package incentive
We are looking for a Writer-in-residence responsible for the creation and production of Solve Education’s learning content, marketing materials, business materials, and publications. You will be overseeing the quality of our educational content that will be consumed freely by students all over the globe through our game-based learning platforms. If you are someone with a drive to educate the world, then this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Help the content development team to produce texts for quizzes and check the accuracy and quality of the language for each quiz
- Create, edit and revise customer-facing written materials, including social media posts, newsletters, campaign materials, or business-to-business presentation materials
- Draft press releases
- Help the team write reports
- Identify, develop, and write materials for submission of grant proposals
- Proofread other writers’ drafts
- Assist with cross-function assignments to achieve Solve Education!’s mission. Collaborate with other teams, including management, product design, and engineering, to ensure cohesive branding and public relations. Includes requesting and integrating content submissions and ideas from collaborators across the team
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken (equivalent to C1 or above in CEFR)
- Passionate about story-telling
- Poses flexibility to perform in an agile work environment
- Must be able to work independently and produce quality writing both for internal and external purposes
- Able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames and adhere to all submission deadlines
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions
- Able to make complex technical matters easy to understand even for non-technical people
- Have strong acumen in understanding data and campaigns, able to use data to strengthen a piece of writing, and explain data in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects and deliverables
- Proven experience working under pressure to deliver high-quality output in a short span of time
- Experienced in teaching English as a second or foreign language or English learning content development is a great advantage
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further through email.