- Before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use Personal Data solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain Personal Data as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect Personal Data by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal Data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect Personal Data by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Data.
“Content Information” has the meaning defined in clause 8.1.
“Device Information” has the meaning defined in clause 8.1.
“DPO” has the meaning defined in clause 2.
“Log Data” has the meaning defined in clause 8.5.
“Log Information” has the meaning defined in clause 8.1.
“Non Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we (and all our affiliated entities and relevant unaffiliated third parties) have or are likely to have access. Personal Data may include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us), without limitation, your (or such person’s): name; address; telephone number(s); email addresses; date of birth; gender; nationality; marketing preferences; and preferred communication methods.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more information about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
- Information we collect about you and your DeviceEach time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect, process and store the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting (“Device Information”);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content and check- ins (“Content Information”); and
- details of your use of the [mobile application] or your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise (“Log Information”) When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Location Information
When you use the mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display information with relevant data or advertisements. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your device settings and/or within the mobile application. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services on the Device settings.
- Automatic Information
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
- Log Data
Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you in the following ways:
- Customizing Our Website
We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personal Data to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personal Data to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- Data Aggregation
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time will your Personal Data be included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personal Data, if such disclosure is:
- required by subpoena, law, or other legal process;
- necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies;
- necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms;
- necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or
- necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Solve Education!, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
On giving reasonable notice to us, you have the right to ask to stop collecting, using, disclosing, and/or otherwise processing your personal data for any or all purposes, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating the specific purposes for which you would like us to cease collecting, using, disclosing and/or otherwise processing your personal data.
Within seven Business Days from our receipt of your request, we will notify you of the consequences of our acceding to the same. Please note that, depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our products or services to you. If you do not respond to our notice within seven Business Days of such notice (e.g., by confirming or retracting your request), we will proceed to process your request.
Notwithstanding any such request, we may be entitled to continue retaining your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Links to The Other Websites
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. However, as you will know, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and any transmission is at your own risk. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your web browser. We restrict access of your personal data to those employees of Solve Education! who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and protection of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, the PDPA to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks.)
Data Activity Relating to Minors
We do not knowingly collect or retain personal data about persons under the age of 13 years. Any person who provides their personal data to us via the Website represents that they are 13 years of age and above. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor the activity of those under 13 years of age.
Parents or legal guardians of minors can contact us to review any Personal Data collected about their child or ward, have this information deleted, and/or request that there be no further collection or use of their child or ward’s personal data. We will take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting Personal Data about a minor and to ensure that the person is in fact the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
Access To and Correction of Information
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to request for access to your Personal Data that is in our possession or under our control, as well as information about the ways in which such Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. To meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee. This fee will vary on a case by case basis, depending on the scope of the access request. Should a fee apply, we will inform you of the fee in writing, prior to providing access to the personal data requested. Solve Education! reserves the discretion to waive such fees.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may also have the right to request for us to correct your Personal Data that is in our possession or under our control.
If the correction request is made by a person other than the individual who is the subject of the Personal Data, the request will be refused unless the consent of the individual is obtained.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal data is protected and maintained. If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us.